- We were taught to categorize, but we know that searching beats sorting
- We were taught that information is scare, but we know that the real problem is too much information, not too little.
- We were taught that information must be protected from being viewed, but we know that the greatest threat to information is irrelevancy
- We were taught to estimate and plan what the marked wants, but we know that our customers don’t behave according to our plans
- We were taught to guide our customers, but we know they want to serve themselves. And they don’t want to wait for a sales clerk.
- We were taught to use use tools that reside on our computer, but we don’t use the same computer for long and we don’t work alone. We use tools that reside on the web.
- We were taught that companies are trustworthy, but we’ve learned to trust the voices of named individuals.
- We were taught that our value is determined by what we have, but we’ve know that our value is determined by what we give away
- We are the digital natives and we were not taught how to live in our world
I like it!
Yeah I like this post the most ! :) its true..
I love it Johannes! Even if I am too old for being a real digital native. You want it to be a 10 point list? Why not add “We were thought to obeyÂ authorities, but we know they need to be challenged” :-)Â